• An average snowflake is made up of 180 billion molecules of water
• Chionophobia is a fear of snow
• The average snowflake has a top speed of 1.7 metres per second
• They are always hexagonal but the majority are not perfectly symmetrical — uneven temperatures, dirt and other factors usually cause them to be lopsided
• Enough snow fell in Britain on February 2, 2009 for everyone in the country to make a quarter of a million snowballs each, according to Carol Vorderman
• According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest snowflake on record measured 38cm wide and 20cm thick. It was observed in Montana, USA in 1887 and described by witnesses as “larger than a milk pan”
• People buy more cakes, cookies and candies than any other food when a blizzard is in the forecast
• It is a myth that Eskimos have 100 different words for ‘snow’
My Dear Readers, Celso Fonseca – amazing as always — will perform for you the song Todo Blue.
Thank you for your shares and likes!